Our 10 Steps To Sucess
The planning and logistics of even the simplest DMV area home remodeling project can be overwhelming. But at Kingdom Design and Build “10-Steps To Success” ensures your satisfaction and delivers the best value available.
1. Complimentary Consultation
A Project Development Manager will meet with you to conduct a thorough evaluation of your remodeling project. We want to understand the entire scope of the project, including the reasons behind your desire to remodel. This ensures that we can make the proper recommendations during the project development phase. This step typically requires one to two meetings.
- Establish your design preferences and needs (Needs Assessment Questionnaire)
- Evaluate the project’s feasibility
- Review potential design options and clarify the project scope
- Collaborate with you to determine the investment range
- Review our detailed Design/Build process
- Present the background and services offered by Kingdom Design and Build LLC.
- Place your order for project development (Project Development Agreement)
2. Preliminary Design Development
Our design team (Project Development Manager, Architectural Designer and/or Kitchen and Bath Designer) works together to develop a preliminary project design based on your vision and our experience.
- Measure, photograph and document existing conditions
- Develop a project scope based on your needs and preferences
- Consider your budget requirements
- Custom design a solution just for you
3. Preliminary Design Presentation
Design presentations take place at our design center. Meet with your Design Team and see your custom design coming to life. Design plans are refined and revised to meet your needs, tastes and budget. This step typically requires one to two meetings.
- Review your computer generated, 3-D drawings (preliminary floor plans & design perspectives)
- Evaluate design options and benefits
- Identify major product options and benefits (cabinetry & counters, appliances, windows & doors, flooring)
- Discuss minor design alterations and revise
- Review the project scope and budget
- Approve the preliminary design
4. Final Design Development
During this step your Project Development manager will work with you to finalize the details of your project. Meetings are held at our showroom to help you select the ideal products. This step typically requires two to three meetings.
- Evaluate product options and benefits
- Finalize your product selections
- Cabinets, Countertops & Appliances
- Windows & Doors (including hardware)
- Roofing, Siding & Exterior Trim
- Plumbing Fixtures, Faucets & Accessories
- Electrical and Lighting
- Interior Doors, Millwork & Trim
- Wall & Ceiling Finishes
- Flooring (tile, wood, laminate, vinyl, carpet, other)
- Review your final design plans, if changed due to products selected (floor plans, perspectives, cabinet plans, electrical plans)
- Review your detailed preliminary project specifications
- Review investment range based on final design and selections
5. Construction Documents & Specifications
This phase happens largely behind the scenes. A Production Manager will be assigned to your project, and will work with the design team to accomplish any and all of the pre- production steps that will be involved on your project. This is the final step in developing your project into a build-able package.
- Create production folder containing all pertinent project information
- Produce construction build plans
- Complete Structural engineering (if required)
- Obtain Site/Plot Plans (if required)
- Obtain building permits (if required)
- Develop the project schedule
- Review the Kingdom Design and Build Process
- Finalize your Construction Agreement
6. Project Orientation Meeting
A Project Manager, who will manage day-to-day operations, is assigned to your project. He will meet with your Production Manager and Design Team to review your project. Your Project Manager will be informed of all the details necessary to produce your project in a professional and timely manner.
- Discuss specific homeowner concerns and requests
- Review project design and construction plans
- Review your project schedule
- Plan the Pre-Construction Conference
7. Pre-Construction Conference
This meeting takes place at your home, shortly before the start of the project. You will be introduced to your Project Manager, and he along with the Production Manager will explain the procedures and production schedule for your project; as well as answer any questions you may have.
- Explain our production procedures so you know what to expect
- Review the project specifications
- Review the project construction plans
- Review the production schedule
- Answer your questions and concerns
8. Project Production Procedures
Our production procedures are designed to keep your project running smoothly. Kingdom Design and Build team members will communicate with you clearly and keep the work environment as pleasant as possible. We treat you and your property with the highest level of respect.
- Weekly job recaps
- Work site regulations and safety
- Mid-project evaluation
- Mid-project walk-through
9. Project Completion Procedure
The Project Manager and Production Manager will work with you to make sure every final detail is completed. Our goal is 100% satisfaction, so you will become clients for life.
- Quality Control Pre-Completion Checklist
- Final project walk-through
- Notice of completion
10. Warranty and Follow-up
Kingdom Design and Build stands behind our work. Should the need arise, we will quickly respond to the situation. We look at warranty calls as another opportunity to satisfy a client
- Issue our written warranty
- Homeowner Satisfaction Evaluation
- Kingdom Design and Build's Quick Response Warranty Follow-up Procedure
- One Year Client Satisfaction Follow-up
- Two Year Client Satisfaction Follow-up
Let’s get started on your dream today!
Let our team help you deliver on the dream you have for your home, faster and more affordably.